Monday, June 9, 2014

Dessert & Dinner of the Month Club

Just a quick post tonight to tell of some new recipes that  I've tried and I also wanted to post the recipe for last post's raisin cookies!

Last night I made the Pioneer Woman's "Shrimp Stir-Fry" recipe.  I am relatively new to the seafood world, but it was so good!  We loved all the fresh veggies that were in it, like corn and zucchini!


Tonight I used my Amish cookbook from Stevi and made chicken salad sandwiches that included grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, celery, mayo, and crushed potato chips!


I decided to try something unique for Father's Day this year.  My dad will be receiving a Dessert of the Month Club and Tom's Dad (TD) will be receiving a Dinner of the Month Club.  Shh..don't tell them!  I think this will be fun and hopefully not too overwhelming!  I would probably make this stuff for Tom and I anyway, so why not gift the dads with some home cooking!

Dessert of the Month Club
This entitles you to one dessert the first weekend of each month.  Please fill in which month you would like to receive each item.   You also have 2 free choice items that you can pick anything of your liking!

Dessert
Month
Sesame Seed Cookies

Pineapple Nut Cake

Lemon Squares

Poppy Seed Cake

Amish Crumb Apple Pie

Chocolate Raspberry Cookies

Pumpkin Cookies

Peanut Blossom Cookies

Cherry Cream Pie

Deluxe Brownies

Free Choice

Free Choice




Dinner of the Month Club
This entitles you to homemade dinner each month.  Please fill in which month you would like to receive each item.   You also have 2 free choice items that you can pick anything of your liking!

Dinner
Month
Eggplant Parmesan

Chicken Pot Pie

Beef Stew

Mexican Night

Chicken with Red Rice

Bobby Flay Steak

Ravioli with Homemade Sauce

Broiled Tilapia

Chicken with Artichokes

Pasta Primavera

Free Choice

Free Choice


 




I've also been receiving a lot of recipes for my "Cooking for a Cure" cookbook.  Keep them coming and thanks to everyone who submitted so far!  Let's fill that book up!

Lastly, here's my mom's raisin cookie recipe:

1 cup raisins
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Bring raisins and water to a boil.  Simmer, uncovered for 5 mins, then set aside.  Cream sugar and butter together until light.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until mixture is fluffy.  Stir in raisins.  Combine remaining ingredients and stir into creamed mixture.  Drop dough by tablespoons 2 inches apart.  Bake at 375 degrees or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment