1. My nephews turned 5 and 8 this summer which I can't believe! I had so much fun making their birthday cakes this year and I know our baby is going to have two great big cousins looking out for her!
. We went to Pennsylvania twice for Tom's favorite Carlisle shows: GM Nationals and the Truck Show. My nephews got to join us both times and we had a lot of fun. We also did some of our usual Amish stops which always make me happy!
|Tom has introduced me to the wonder that is Dairy Queen! Why don't we have this here in NY??|
3. Today we went to the Hunterdon County 4-H and Agricultural Fair! This was kind of an impromptu trip for Tom and I. We saw this advertised when we went to PA earlier in August and it was only about 2 hours away in New Jersey. This was the most amazing country fair! We saw a dog agility contest which was just like the dog shows you see on TV. The kids and their families involved with the 4-H club had tents full of sheep, goats, cows, alpacas and more! They competed with their animals by presenting them to judges and it really was the coolest thing to see these young kids and teenagers so proud of their farm animals. We also saw a pig race and a dog race and there were vegetable and craft contests. There was also an antique tractor display which of course Tom loved. Plus the fair had the usual fair foods, rides and games. Overall, this was such a fun end of summer extra that we decided to do.
|Can we teach Indy to do these tricks?|
4. My best friend Stevi and my sister-in-law hosted the most amazing baby shower for me on August 1st! Complete with all of the most special country touches I couldn't have asked for a better day. My guests got make their own hair bows for the baby, there were country themed centerpieces and favors, and overall I was so thankful for all of the efforts they made to give me such a special day. I was so touched too by all of the friends and family who attended and their generosity, as well as those who couldn't make it but still took the time to send a card and/or gift. Our baby is so blessed to be surrounded by so much love! I have a ton of other baby shower photos but not sure how many of you want to be on the blog! So here are a few from my special day!
5. Tom and I have been working on the baby room! The walls and ceiling are painted and Tom is making a molding and replacing the floor in the baby's room. I can't wait to set up the furniture and all of her things so we can get ready for her! Once the room is done, I will post pictures of it as we await her arrival! We also took 8 hours of Lamaze class this past weekend! The main thing we learned is to try to stay calm and focused and work as a team to bring our daughter into the world!
6. Overall, I don't know where this summer is going! I have been tutoring 2 full days twice a week, so that does make the weeks blend one into the next. Other than that I have been busy trying to get our house in order and organized, so that we can be as ready for the baby as possible. Oh and here is a final photo of Tom with our new dog niece, Pinot!