Monday, February 2, 2015

Random Snow Day = Homemade Dog Treats!

So today was supposed to be a 2 hour delayed opening due to an icy, snowy morning commute but at the last minute (after I was showered and all ready to go, ugh!), it changed into a full snow day!  I know when the weather is nice and we are going for extra days, I will wish I was off, but for now, it's been nice to have extra time to get things done around the house and have bonus time with Tom & Indy.  I thoroughly cleaned our bathrooms today, mopped the floors, and caught up on some laundry (& reality TV).  After I finished all that, I decided to try to make Indy some homemade dog treats!  I found these recipes online and you can read about them here Yummy Homemade Dog Treat Recipes! 

I decided to make the basic dog biscuit recipe, and did cheddar cheese and bacon add-ins.  I used vegetarian bacon that I had in the freezer and since the whole idea was to have some healthy treats for Indy, this seemed perfect!  I picked some winter themed cookie cutters (I will have to get a dog bone cookie cutter at some point), but I made circles, hearts, squares, a mitten, a snowman, a snowflake and some other fun shapes! I also made the freezer peanut butter yogurt ones because these were also ingredients I already had in the house. 

I just took the biscuits out of the oven!  Indy has been dying to try one!  I am letting them cool off and then he can sample one!  I hope this inspires some readers to try to make their own dog treats!  They were pretty easy and I had a lot of fun spoiling Indy in this way. 

Dog Biscuits with Bacon & Cheddar Cheese



Yogurt & Peanut Butter Cups
 

Indy is eagerly awaiting a taste!


No comments:

Post a Comment