Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine's Day at The Cooperage Inn & Eric and Patti's Engagement Party



Tom and I had a very nice Valentine's Day.  I started my day at school with roses waiting on my desk and a sweet card from Tom.  I had a fun day with my kindergartners and the parents were so generous that I got boxes and boxes of chocolate. I said aloud, "I got enough chocolate that I could eat if for a year and I still wouldn't run out."  One of my lovely students looked up at me and said, "Well it is better than if you eat it all in one day, otherwise you will get really, really fat."  I also was treated to a rendition of "Let it Go" from Frozen sung by all the girls in my class at recess.  It was so funny how well they knew all of the words and hand movements.  I felt very  loved by my Kindergartners and it was a pleasure to share part of my day with them.

At night Tom stopped by my father-in-law's house where he was watching our nephews.  They were so cute and the older one was amazed at how I could cut out a perfect heart from a piece of paper.  I was glad to get some nephew love before Tom and I headed out for our Valentine's dinner.








If you have never been to the Cooperage Inn in Baiting Hollow, you are surely missing out.  And if you have been there, you will agree that it is AMAZING!  Tom and I first went there the night we got engaged.  It is so nicely decorated and it has such a homey, yet fancy feel to it.  Good thing Tom made a reservation because it was packed!  We were seated at a cute little table for two nestled into a corner.   We decided to go all out and have numerous courses for our meal.  We started with a tomato and mozzarella appetizer.  Then, Tom ordered the stuffed shrimp and I had the brown sugar rubbed rib-eye.  We ended our meals with a chocolate chip, heart shaped, brownie dessert with a scoop of raspberry ice-cream.  It was an absolutely delicious meal from start to finish.  I genuinely enjoy eating dinner with my husband.  Even though we eat together practically every single night of our lives, we never seem to run out of things to talk about.  We enjoyed talking about all of our hopes and dreams for our new house and I think we both still can't believe its ours.  If you have never been to the Cooperage Inn, I strongly suggest you try it!  And next time you go, feel free to stop by our house, we are lucky enough to have it right around the corner.



























Going right along with my love theme of this post, I wanted to mention that this past weekend was my brother Eric and his fiancee Patti's engagement party.  I couldn't be happier for the two of them and can't wait for their wedding this October.  I am so happy and honored that they asked both Tom and I to be in the wedding party.  Their engagement party was truly a celebration.  I am so happy that they found each other.  Eric and Patti just seem to get each other.  I love how Patti compliments my brother's personality.  He can be so logical and he's so smart, so I am happy that he found someone who can enjoy him and bring out the best in him.  I have seen such a different side of my big brother since Patti came on the scene.  She brings out a softer, sweeter side of him that I feel like has really made us closer these past few years.  A couple of days ago, I went with Patti and her other bridesmaids to get our bridesmaid dresses.  She really has wonderful friends and I know it is because she is wonderful herself.  After shopping, Tom and I went out to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner with them (another new restaurant near my new home).  I really enjoyed hanging out with them and I hope the four of us will make many memories as family and friends in the years to come.









Overall, Valentine's Weekend 2014 was a great one.  Here is a link to the Cooperage Inn, in case you want to give it a try http://www.cooperageinn.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment